At a Glance
Development, production, sales and field service of optical engines
Date of Foundation
November 19th, 2019
Number of Employees
SME certification (Small Medium Enterprise)
Venture Corporate certification
Corporate R&D Center certification
Major Customers (%)
LIPAC Co., Ltd. is a South Korean company which supplies the ultimate light packaging solutions. Founded in 2019, the company has been developing a Sip-based Optical Sub Assembly, the platform technology to manufacture optical engines based on Advanced Semiconductor Packaging technology.
It collaborates with its strategic partners to architect, develop and manufacture the optical components for high-speed transceivers, mobile sensors, and on-board interconnects. The company’s evolving core technology, IPs and its global workforce enables it to deliver innovative solutions for optical communication.
1) Optical Engine for 100G-SR4 Transceiver
- Applicable to: 100GBASE-SR4 transceiver for datacenter, Active Optical Cable (AOC), Co-packaged Optics
- About: The optical engine for 100G-SR4 transceiver is compliant with IEEE 100GBASE-SR4 transceiver or 100G active optical cables (AOCs). Data transmission ranges up to 100m using the OM4 multi-mode fibers. For assembly, no wire-bonding is required. Simply, all you need to do is to proceed a standard SMT - the optical engine (TOSA, ROSA) and other components on the PCB. Finally, lenses are mounted on the optical engine. Guideline for the lenses and assembly process is provided by LIPAC.
2) Optical Engine for 100G-LR4 Transceiver
- Applicable to: 100GBASE-LR4 transceiver for datacenter, Co-packaged Optics
- About: The optical engine for 100G-LR4 transceiver meets IEEE-100GBASE-LR4 standard. Data transmission ranges up to 10km using a single-mode fiber (SMF). DFB laser/AWG/monitor PD/thermistor and photodiode array/TIA IC are integrated in the FOWLP of transmitter and receiver respectively. The pigtailed LC connector is directly attached to the FOWLP as an optical connector.
3) Optical Engine for 100G-CWDM Transceiver
- Applicable to: 100GBASE-CWDM4 transceiver for datacenter, Co-packaged Optics
- About: The optical engine for 100G-CWDM transceiver meets MSA’s 100GBASE-CWDM4 standard. Data transmission ranges up to 2km using a single-mode fiber (SMF). DFB laser/AWG/monitor PD/thermistor and photodiode array/TIA IC are integrated in the FOWLP of transmitter and receiver respectively. The pigtailed LC connector is directly attached to the FOWLP as an optical connector.
4) Optical Engine for TOF Sensor
- Applicable to: 3D depth camera for mobile device, 3D depth camera for AR/VR glasses, In-cabin passenger monitoring in automobile
- About: The optical engine for ToF (Time-of-Flight) package is fabricated by the FOWLP process. The light source (VCSEL) and the ToF sensor chip are integrated in a single electronic package where driver IC and passive components are included. It is compact in size, which can be applied to the mobile, drone, IoT sensors.
5) Optical Engine for Proximity Sensor
- Applicable to: Proximity sensor for True Wireless Stereo (TWS), Proximity sensor for mobile phone
- About: The optical engine for proximity sensor prides itself to be the thinnest package using the optical FOWLP. The light source (VCSEL) and detection IC are integrated in a single electronic package. It is suitable for the mobile and IoT applications where the module size and thickness are critical. The interference from the VCSEL is mitigated as the VCSEL and photodiode are molded.
6) Optical Engine for CPO
- About: The optical interconnection between the components on the same board becomes essential as data rate surges dramatically over the deployment of 5G and beyond. Moving into those high-speed links, current pluggable optic technology no longer scales. Our product offers optimal solution to tackle challenges with the complexity, size, power consumption and thermals pushing electric signaling to optical networking modules.
LIPAC has SiP (System in Package)-based Optical Sub Assembly and FOWLP technology